Sunday, May 8, 2011

NICU day 19

Jillian is doing ok, her lungs are not looking very good right now, please pray for healing and for them to mature. The last few x-rays have shown more shaded areas, the shaded areas are not working areas and need to mend and repair. As of now we had to up her pressures on her vent to keep her numbers where they need to be. The down fall is that the vent does help her but at the same time they damage her lungs more.

She has been doing well with her feeds and they have already increased her to 1ml every 2 hours. She is pooping though sometimes she needs help with a suppository. Poor baby. They said a normal amount for her is about 3-4mls every hour, so that is what we are working up to. Once we are there they will add a high calorie formula to my milk to help her put weight on. She is still at her birth weight.

Her O is looking good and skin is growing up the sides already, I'm really impressed. The surgeons continue to change her dressing daily, but once it is thick everywhere the nurses will take over.

I went home late Friday night for the first time since 3/9/11 and surprised the kids. I picked Alexis up from dance and she was so happy. Then we made it home and the boys were so happy. It was great. We watched a movie that night, then got up in the morning and went to the boys baseball games and came back to the hospital. This morning we visited Jilli-bean and then went to the park for a Mother's Day picnic. It was a very nice and needed weekend. I love my family so much!

I hope to update on the computer this week (not my phone) and I will add some new pictures. My phone doesn't allow me to add picture or view what I have written so sorry for the typos, lol I will correct them when I have my computer also.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I will keep praying for healing and fast recovery for little Jill. I am glad you had fan with the kids and were abe to relax a bit. When Tobas was in the NICU I had a really hard time trying to decide if I should go home for a night and be with my other two, but after I did I felt so much better.
    Big hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete