Thursday, April 28, 2011

NICU day 9

She is on a roll! Another good day, thank you Jesus! Her numbers have looked good for 48 hours in a row and she was continually coming down on her vents. The doctor this morning wanted to just leave her on the jet vent until next week and a day or two before surgery try to switch her from the jet vent to the traditional vent. Her bloodwork looked good and her ultrasound looked good. So then after lunch we came back and a new doctor came on and said her numbers look really good, let's take her off the jet vent. So she was off for an hour and she looked good but her CO2's were going up slowly after each blood gas so they put her back on the jet vent. I understand why but I wish they would give her a minute. They push her all the time and she is only 1.6 pounds! Anyway I think they will give her a little time before they push her to switch again.

Alexis, Cole and Nathan are staying Saturday and Sunday. I am so excited to be able to spend some quality time with them. I am missing my older kids so much and they are really missing their mommy. It breaks my heart. Nathan sounded like he was going to cry tonight when I talked to him and I think Cole is masking his feelings and being Mr.Positive. Alexis is very honest and understanding, she said can't we just come now. Lol, love that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment