Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 29

Today, I have been in the hospital for 29 days and we are doing great!  I am currently 23 weeks 4 days and they will be starting steroid shots tomorrow.  I will receive two, 24 hours apart and they help to mature the baby’s lungs.  They have had very good results with babies that have received these shots.  So even though I don't like shots and I am being poked every other minute, I am looking forward to getting these shots.  It's one more step closer! 

I met with the Neonatologist yesterday and she was very nice.  She went over what would happen if the baby was born today, verses 28 weeks, 30 weeks, and 32 weeks.  I asked her how they treat the “O” as there are different methods out there.  She said she would have a Pediatric Surgeon come and speak with me as to what method they usually use.  I know that things can change depending on my baby’s needs at the time, but I would like to know what has been commonly done in the past.  So I am looking forward to that appointment.  I have been warned that surgeons don’t always have the best bedside manner, ok, we will see.

One of my Peri's (my group has four that rotate here at the hospital) today said that if I make it to 32 weeks uneventfully they may even let me go to 34 weeks.  Let's see what God does, I would love to continue to let this baby get stronger.

Mark and the kids were able to come and visit me last night, it was Alexis' 10 birthday and while it wasn't ideal spending it in the hospital at least we were all together.  She wanted BJ's pizza for dinner and she and Grandma made a cake to eat.  It was so much better than hospital food!  We only got 2 hours together but it had been a two weeks since we were all here together.  That is one of the hardest things about being in the hospital is that I am so far away from Mark and the kids, I miss them so much.  I just keep reminding myself and the kids that it is only for a short time and we will be together in our house again. 

1 comment:

  1. My beautiful friend, you are truly amazing!
    Your strength and courage is an amazing gift from God:) You continue to be in my prayers.

    I cant wait to meet this amazing little one that God has planned for your family!

    Please tell Mark to call on me if he needs anything, even if he just wants me to bring him a meal or Grocery shop for him... ANYTHING just call me!!!

    Let me know when you can have visitors and I will get my butt there!! (with real food)

    I love you
    Dani

    ReplyDelete